Sunday, May 29, 2011

Landfill as the Ultimare Organization Solution


Dear Readers:
It’s time to clean out my studio for spring. I just got back from buying a paper shredder and seven plastic organizers. What I need are seven human organizers. I really have the best of intentions, and I’ll buy anything. It’s the commitment that’s lacking. You would not believe the amount of paper and samples a design firm generates. My assistant and I are literally buried.
Here’s my latest strategy: hide everything in the bins until I have a few spare hours to sort, shred, and toss. (That should be around June.) The only drawback to my camouflage plan is the old ”out of sight, out of mind” problem. What I really need is a place for everything. Alas, that also requires time and planning, both at a premium these days.
Perhaps the best home for everything would be the dump. Throwing everything out would be very liberating. Having had a dumpster for a few months while under construction for an addition was fantastic. I highly recommend it for motivation.
Wish me luck with my spring cleaning!
M.A.K.