Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Displaying Barbies

Dear Melissa:
Can you suggest any interesting ways to display a child’s collection of Barbies? These are not the expensive collector dolls, but they are all over her room and new ones keep arriving. She loves to play with them so I can’t toss them or put them up in the attic. P.C., MA  
Dear P.:
Believe me, I’ve been there. Except my daughter’s Barbies were all nude with tangled hair, so displaying them was not really an option. Have you considered placing them in shoe pockets on the back of her door? What if groups of them went to “sleep away camp” in some plastic bins? You might also consider seating them on a shelf around the ceiling of her room. Pretend they’re airline passengers on line at the TSA checkpoint, until it’s their turn to join in the fun. I highly recommend clothes, though. M.A.K.